Thursday, July 24, 2008

Eddi Reader

In terms of contemporary music I have to agree I am out-of-touch.  This is of course a disadvantage but pleasant surprises often present themselves as a consequence. The other night on ABC TV I saw a talented, female singer performing at The Basement in Sydney - Eddi Reader.  She is Scottish and that's about all I know about her. The next day, selecting at random, I bought an early recording of hers - its just called Eddi Reader - and I have been listening to it this evening.   It is distinctive contempory, uncompromising folk-rock (occasionally bluesy) music.

I can't find any poached versions of music from this album of Eddi on the net but there is plenty of other stuff. Try this YouTube for a sample - or this or this or this.  She obviously shines in concert!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She has at least one album out of her doing Robbie Burns

Anonymous said...

She was in Fairground Attraction, who did that "it's got to be perfect" song you've probably heard on some ad or other.