Thursday, December 07, 2006

Summer holls

Today travelling to the south coast of NSW – to Ulladulla - to do some bird-watching, swimming (I used to say, go surfing) and generally to enjoy life. I’ve got a couple of bottles of 1990 Wendouree cabernet to ease the burden of my transport discomfits. Also have some trashy sex-violence-crime novels for the more serious moments. Blog posts might be a bit intermittent over the next few days or they might get serious if enough cobwebs get washed away.

Other things are changing too. I now effectively cease being a Departmental Head at my university and will go back to ‘normal’ academic life. I am taking Sabbatical Leave for all of 2007 to work on my Australian Research Council project. Yippeeee!

In the meantime feel free to post here on anything that interests you or that you think are good blogging topics over the summer months – I’ll read and respond to comments that stir my soul or evoke below-the-belt glee. It is the holiday season.

2 comments:

Damien Eldridge said...

There are a lot of nice little holiday spots along the south coast of NSW. Did you discover this region during your ANU days?

hc said...

Damien, I certainly holidayed at Bateman's Bay during those years. But I think we just stumbled on this spot (narrawallee Beach, Ulladulla) while cruising the coast - we've been coming here now for 12 years.

Pockets of rainforest, great beaches - coming from a beach suburb in Sydney its got all the ingredients of a great summer break.