- Air pollution from China damage the atmosphere in San Francisco & Germany.
- China’s grasslands, since the early 1980s, have been turned into a desert the size of the US state of Connecticut.
- China is home to 16 of the world’s 20 most polluted cities.
- 278 out of 661 Chinese cities are without a sewerage treatment plant.
- 340 million Chinese people are without access to clean drinking water
Interestingly, China is a country that will be most adversely affected by climate change. It is endogenously driving its own fate. One would think China should have a stake in cutting emissions to secure its own future. It’s a sad picture that throws new light on the Chinese ‘growth miracle’ and the glory of living in this 'worker's paradise'.